Saturday 21 April 2012

Joel's Reflection

In this month I have realised the importance of saving our environment, as well as the impacts of global warming on us. If our carbon footprint remains this high, soon our Earth will face too much climate change, and Earth will become inhabitable. Thus, I changed my habits and strived to reduce my carbon footprint.

For example, I take the MRT to school daily instead of taking a car. As I live roughly 20 kilometers away from my school, I require to catch the first train, and thus I have to wake up at 5 am every day. Though this can be tiring and inconvenient, it helps save our environment. If everyone plays their part and strives to minimize their carbon footprint regardless of inconvenience caused, we will be able to live in a sustainable Earth.

Another example is recycling. I recycle most of my waste, such as glass bottles, tin cans, and paper. Although I have to walk quite a distance to the nearest recycling bins, I still play a part in saving our environment. If no one were to take initiatives like this, we would rapidly lose our habitable Earth and be unable to live anymore. Is one moment of convenience or mankind’s future more important to us?

Everyone should do their best to help save our environment, and help keep our one and only Earth habitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment